There are several issues a swimming pool can have that will cause it to be cloudy. Here are some troubleshooting tips you can use to help find a solution*:
- Make sure the pump is running a minimum of 8 hrs a day.
- The filter must be clean and have no internal damage like torn or broken D.E. filter grids for example. For Sand Filters it’s important that your sand is in good working order and that there is not internal damage to any of the laterals, hub, etc.
- Water Chemistry:
- Your swimming pool water should be tested and balanced.
- Make sure your levels are as follows: CL 1.0-3.0ppm, pH 7.4-7.6, Alkalinity 80-120ppm, Calcium Hardness 200-400ppm, Cyanuric Acid (Stabilizer) 30-80ppm.
- Using a swimming pool water clarifier is also recommended.
*Always remember: Pump, Filter, Water Chemistry makes for a crisp, clean, crystal clear, brilliantly blue & sparkling swimming pool.
Posted in: General